Mister Pip

 I read Mister Pip for my British novel class and was required to close read. The story revolves around Matilda, who discovers a love for reading thanks to her teacher, Mr. Watts. However, there is currently a conflict based on a real event of a war between Papua New Guinea and Bougainville, which serves as a plot of tension in the background. I really enjoy the book, especially Matilda's tension with her mother and teacher. 

Pros:

1. Easy-to-read

2. Short book, and you can easily finish it in a day if you want to. 

3. Easy to get invested in the characters and have a good pace. 


Cons:

1. There are a few unrealistic things, in my opinion, such as Matilida's relations with her father towards the end without spoiling anything.

2. There is one account of SA in the book.


(link to book is available on picture)




Comments

  1. I like books that are historical in a fictional way! As someone who loves history as well, these books inspire me too write like that in future writings of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the content warning! also, i feel like the pace of a novel can be just as important as the other aspects especially when its a rather short story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts